Only one zip for this special part of town 98199; Magnolia is the second largest neighborhood of Seattle, WA. by area. Magnolia occupies a hilly peninsula northwest of downtown and has been a part of the city since 1891. Much of the peninsula is taken up by Discovery Park, formerly the Army's Fort Lawton.
Magnolia is isolated from the rest of Seattle, connected by road to the rest of the city by only three bridges. W. Emerson Place in the north, W. Dravus Street in the center, and W. Garfield Street (the Magnolia Bridge) in the south — the Salmon Bay Bridge to Ballard is rail-only, no motorized traffic is permitted to cross the Hiram M. Chittenden Locks, and the W. Fort Street bridge over the railroad tracks only affords access to the W. Commodore Way industrial area (traffic to the rest of the city from that area still needs to take the W. Emerson Place bridge.)